Tour de Breweries Manifesto
The Tour de Breweries and Wineries - Stonehouse Winery and Woods Brothers Brewing Co. Edition, will be a day packed with cycling and sampling. Below are some of the finer details of the day.
9:00 a.m. - Wood Brothers Brewing Company
2980 Wylie Rd,
ON K0B 1H0
If you get lost call (613) 662-3986.
- 10:00 to 12:00 - Ride to Stonehouse Winery
- 12:00 to 1:00 - Eat
- 1:00 to 2:00 - Winery Visit
- 2:00 to 2:45 - Ride to Woods Brothers Brewery Co.
- 2:45 to 3:45 - Brewery Visit
What to bring
- Bike and helmet (mandatory)
- Appropriate clothing for the day (a support vehicle will be available to carry any unwanted items as the day goes on)
- Money (should you want to purchase some beverages or food after the included tastings)
- Appetite (for the delicious lunch prepared by Emotions Catering)
All riders are expected to follow the rules of the road. Anyone that crosses the yellow line forfeits their beverages to the organizers.
The tasting stop is approximately an hour long. This is not a competition to see who can drink as many samples in that hour. If we see anyone cycling like the guy to the right, you'll be asked to take a breather at the side of the road until your liquid courage wears off. Seriously, we would like to avoid any problems on the day. You know the drill, know your limits. That and you have to ride to the next tasting. That will sober you up in a hurry.
There will be two ride captains to guide you during the day. They are cycling experts and wine and cheese lovers. We'll make sure everyone makes the time cut and doesn't get eliminated from the Tour. For extreme mechanical breakdowns or medicals, we'll call the support vehicle.
The support vehicle will be equipped with a cooler of water and a storage space for all your purchases. We'll also have all the tools needed to fix any on road problems.
At the last stop, a few pieces of Bike Centric Art will be available for purchase.